Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Crazy about quotes!

I love quotes. They can be inspirational, they can be funny, whatever my mood- there's a quote for it. So last week I was introduced to a really exciting website for people who love quotes as much as I do. /

Quotescover is a website that allows you to sort through quotes ad proverbs and make fun posters out of them. In my classroom I have a wall of quotes. I print them on computer paper, frame them and use them as inspirational and fun decor around my classroom. It's really easy too! You pick the quote you want, select the format you'd like- I chose prints, then it brings you to a menu of different sizes, which I chose typical printer sized paper, but there are options for greeting cards, business cards and posters of all sizes. From there you can play with the font, colors and all sorts of effects. You can draw or write and also add in one of your own pictures as the background. With most programs like this, there is a hidden fee somewhere- but not here :) I was able to save my quote to my computer and print!

I'm so excited to play with this website over the summer and update my quote wall for next school year! I recommend checking it out. Here is one I made using one of my favorite quotes and a picture from field day.

2 comments:

  1. Based on the comments in class last week about the site, I decided to revisit it and enjoyed typing in quotes, trying different fonts on the site, and then uploading my own picture. I have three samples already included in class notes for this week. It really is a useful tool, and hope we can get others using it. I put a link to the site in this week's notes, as well, and if we have some lab time in class, people can try it out. It is also a useful tool for including images with quotes in a blog post. Maybe, you can make an announcement in class to tell people how you're using the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I did not get the chance to check this site out; however, I love quotes as well. I have famous quotes hanging all around my classroom. I even write them on worksheets that I create. I love how you have used it decorate your classroom. Have you thought about using this in your classroom? I was thinking you might have them select their favorite quote, that you selected, and practice reading it for fluency. Maybe even have them share it on VoiceThread or even Padlet.

    ReplyDelete