Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Digital flash card success!

This morning I showed my class the sight word practice animoto--it was a success! Luckily for me my sight word inspired animoto makes a great literacy project for my grad class. 

The kids were all excited to see the words they colored up on the computer screen. It was a little tricky to get everyone positioned to see my laptop screen, so after the whole group introduction, I told them my computer would be available at center time for sight word practice. Two at a time all my students circulated through. This method of practicing sight words got positive feedback from all of my kids. One student told me my video was "better than great." Multiple students asked if we could make more learning videos.

Update:
Seeing how well my kids respond to this animoto is inspiring me to want to incorporate more technology in the classroom. 
The sight word digital flashcards have been available on the computer during centers all week and are still getting used!
 I also was able to bookmark the video on my phone and have had my students practice that way as well. The sight word practice has come in handy during transition times such as the end of the day and waiting for other students to get off the bus in the morning. Many of my kids are asking to practice sight words on my phone. 
Incorporating technology has refreshed their excitement and engagement with sight words, which is especially great in the last few days of school. 



2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your students had a positive response. Incorporating their work was a big plus. Now that the Animoto is online, it can be used over and over again. Animoto is an excellent tool for both introducing a concept and reviewing one, and it also helps when we can engage the little ones in the process somehow. Now, you need a classroom blog so next year you can share some of the projects with parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I can see myself doing this with my kindergarten class. I love the way your student's are so engaged in the activity.

    ReplyDelete